Join us for the FIRST of what we hope to become a biennial event for the California Sierra Chapter; our YEAR END EVENT!
During years between our biennial Design Awards Competition and Gala, we will be holding a Year End Event to bring our membership together for one special evening, to reconnect with colleagues and hear about all of the great things happening with ASLA at the national and local levels. This year’s event will be held at the Silverado Design Center on Friday, November 13, from 6 pm to 10 pm.
Our event program will include an interactive ‘bingo card’ style scavenger hunt, where attendees will be placed into small groups that visit stations designed to introduce you to more of your chapter colleagues and update you on some key happenings in our profession. Along the way, you will get information you can use to fill out your scavenger hunt card. After the stations have all been visited, a drawing will be held of completed cards that are turned in for a GREAT prize.
The stations we are planning include:
- The event is being catered by Mama Kim Cooks. Every group will have time to take a break and grab some great food before heading to their next station.
- Get current information on recent changes to the MWELO and how it affects your practice.
Sustainable SITES Initiative
- ExCom members will make an introductory SITES presentation to update you about GBCI’s recent acquisition of the Sustainable SITES Initiative, as well as answer questions and give tips about the new SITES v2 Rating System.
Advocacy & ASLA’s Center for Landscape Architecture and Chinatown Greenstreet projects
- Hear about national and local advocacy efforts to place ASLA members at the forefront of sustainable design practice and get updates on two important projects happening at our headquarters building in Washington DC to greatly enhance ASLA’s ability to advocate for its members.
Meet the Executive Committee and UC Davis Student Chapter Officers
- Meet professional and student leadership and hear about their plans for the upcoming year.
- Tell us what’s important to YOU and find out how to get more involved!
Instead of a traditional event where the audience sits and is ’talked to’, we hope this format will be more interactive and fun. The ticket cost of $35 includes food and drinks, and there will, of course, be plenty of time to enjoy the Design Center and the company of your colleagues.
To purchase tickets CLICK HERE!