The California Sierra Chapter of ASLA is currently posting available job openings for free, as a benefit to its members. Please contact the Communications Committee to have your job opening published here.
SALARY: $12.50 – $14.25 Hourly
OPENING DATE: 12/08/17
CLOSING DATE: 01/05/18 12:00 AM
The Ideal Candidate
Under general supervision, the Clerical Il position has skills in Windows File Explorer, Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat Professional products to assist the Department manager and staff members in preparing administrative work, letter and report composition, organizing files and documents, updates for Department webpage and research of records and product information. The on-going ability to adapt and use evolving technology is essential. Attention to detail and a demonstrated ability in proofreading is required. Incumbent will routinely assist in preparation for meetings and planning related events, take meeting minutes and/or assemble and transcribe meeting notes from staff with speed and accuracy. This position may run miscellaneous errands off-site for the Department.
Twenty-nine (29) hours per week maximum. There is flexibility in setting a regular schedule during the District office hours of 7:30 AM – 5:30 PM Monday through Friday. Occasionally this position may assist with an after-hours or weekend event.
This class is distinguished from the entry level by the assignment of the full range of duties. Incumbent performs administrative duties by preparing reports, analyzes data, assists in creating complex analytical, and administrative, secretarial, and clerical support work.
Under general direction and supervision, the Office Assistant will:
- Perform a variety of routine recordkeeping duties, including sorting, filing, and archiving.
- Assist with department accounts payable, vendor correspondence, and budgets.
- Use a computer to create and update a wide range of correspondence, spreadsheets and forms, and to enter, retrieve, and update data.
- Provide assistance to the public by responding to requests for information or address maintenance concerns from the public.
- Operate various office machines, including a telephone switchboard, photocopier, computer, printer, scanner, and fax machine.
- Order office supplies and equipment; maintain an inventory.
- Process and distribute mail, including receiving, sorting, date stamping, and distributing incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
- Skilled-in: Professional office etiquette with excellent grammar, spelling, and writing skills; proper phone manners; advanced level skills in office technology and computer applications especially Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point. Should type up to 50 wpm.
- Ability to: Maintain confidentiality, including securing, maintaining, purging, and shredding electronic and paper files and documents in accordance with District policies; maintain attention to detail by prioritizing work and coordinating several activities simultaneously despite interruptions; maintain integrity of work by taking responsibility and accountability for completion of work and customer interactions and maintaining punctuality and attendance at work; contribute to a team effort.
- Education & Experience: Equivalent to graduation from high school plus the potential ability to perform the required duties of this classification. Minimum of two years of administrative duties. The knowledge of planning, construction or maintenance operations is highly desirable. Municipal government or public-sector experience is desirable.
Accommodations may be made for some physical demands for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodations.
- Mobility and dexterity to work in a standard office environment, use standard office equipment and attend off-site meetings
- Mobility to run errands and visit sites that have rough and natural terrain.
- Speech and hearing to communicate in person and by telephone
- Vision to read handwritten and printed materials and a computer screen
- Strength and agility to lift and carry items weighing up to 20 pounds
NOTE: The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department.
Before an employee is hired, he/she must successfully complete pre-employment requirements including, but not limited to: fingerprinting and background check, reference check, DMV check, licensure/certification check, Oath of allegiance to the United States of America and the State of California, and proof of eligibility to work in the United States in accordance with Immigration and Reform Control Act of 1986. All job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a preemployment medical exam including a drug screen through CRPIYs designated physician.
How to Apply for this Position:
When a recruitment opens for this position, an applicant must submit, during the application filing period, an online application and attach any supplemental information as required in the job announcement which may include submitting responses to a supplemental questionnaire. Online resumes and other unsolicited materials may be attached, but will not be considered in lieu of the required online application, unless otherwise specified in the job announcement. CRPD reserves the right to limit the number of online applications when necessary. Applicants are responsible for maintaining/updating their contact information through the online application system.
Initial Selection Review:
The Cordova Recreation and Park District reviews all initial application materials to identify qualified applicants. Applicants meeting minimum qualifications will be invited to the first phase of the recruitment process. CRPD reserves the right to refer only the better qualified applicants if the number of applicants is high. If the number of applicants is high, the review process may include a secondary screening (by a panel of job knowledge experts) of the applications and/or supplemental questionnaires in which the better qualified applicants are referred to the next phase of the recruitment process. Because recruitment processes vary, applicants are advised to thoroughly review the job announcement before submitting their online application materials.
Testing for this position or any other position may include, but is not limited to the following: written exam, practical exam, panel interview, physical ability test, assessment center, oral presentation, project assignment, etc. If a revision is made to a testing component during a recruitment process, the assigned recruiter will notify by email all affected applicants.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Accommodation:
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, anyone who needs an ADA accommodation for the purposes of employment testing should contact the assigned recruiter upon opening of a recruitment.
Withdrawing from Recruitment Process:
Whenever an applicant chooses to withdraw from a recruitment process, he/she is required to submit an email notification to the assigned recruiter requesting a withdrawal from the process. The email to the recruiter must include the applicant’s current phone number.
All questions regarding this position should be directed to the assigned recruiter upon opening of a future recruitment.
NOTE: The provisions of this publication do not constitute an express or implied contract. Any provision in this publication may be modified or revoked without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The Cordova Recreation and Park District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: Position #00000191 http•.//www.crpd.com
OFFICE ASSISTANT/CLERICAL 11 – PARK PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT
2729 Prospect Park Drive, Ste. 230
Rancho Cordova, CA 95670
Office Assistant/CIericaI Il – Park Planning & Development Department Supplemental Questionnaire
- Why are you interested in this position?
- Do you have public agency experience? Yes/No
- What is your experience using Microsoft Office? Please give a detailed answer on programs used and what types of forms/documents you’ve created.
- After reviewing the job description, are you able to perform all of the essential functions of the job with or without accommodation? Yes/No
- Required Question
- Experience (Years)
- Posted Date
- Architecture & Interior Design
More information about this job
Stantec’s Sacramento office is looking for a professional and self-motivated Landscape Designer/Architect for a full time position. Stantec has a strong focus on professional development – we want to see you grow your abilities, experience and confidence. We support our staff through daily mentorship; frequent internal expert webinar opportunities; twice-yearly career development and performance reviews; formalized training programs; and paid licensure, continuing education, advanced credentialing (LEED, CLIA, CID, etc) and professional association fees. The Sacramento office has a 9/80 alternative work schedule with every other Friday off.
The Sacramento studio has a great downtown location at 555 Capitol Mall with close access to public transportation options. The office interior was thoughtfully designed by our own staff as a collaborative studio environment. In this setting, our planning and landscape architecture group is integrated with architects, interior designers, and engineers (civil, structural, mechanical, and electrical).
- Prepare presentation graphics, reports and exhibits for conceptual designs, master plans, client meetings, and workshops.
- Prepare construction documents including layout plans, planting plans, irrigation plans, grading plans, design details, cost estimates and specifications.
- Prepare Sketchup models and renderings.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor or Masters in Landscape Architecture (willing to accept foreign education equivalent)
- 2-6 years of related experience
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Positive attitude and strong problem-solving skills
- Required Sketchup and Photoshop
- LandFX experience is preferred but not required
The key to our success is our people—we put people first. When you work hard, we notice. We offer competitive compensation and benefits to assist employees and their families with medical and dental coverage, long-term disability income replacement, and retirement savings.
Stantec soars in design industry rankings
Foothill Associates is accepting applications for a talented senior-level individual with a degree in landscape architecture and a minimum of 10 years of experience in the profession. Job duties include planning and designing landscape spaces in urban, rural, and suburban settings; developing open space, mitigation, restoration, resource management, and recreation plans and documents; and performing public outreach and engagement. The work includes preparation, review, and management of conceptual plans, project graphics, construction documents (including details, cost estimates, and specifications), master plans, and public presentations. Work includes the active marketing and procurement of new projects aligned with the full range of services offered by the firm. The candidate will perform project management tasks, construction review, and develop and manage schedules and budgets. The successful candidate is self-directed, creative, personable, and detail oriented; possesses excellent communication, organization, graphic production, and writing skills; enjoys working collaboratively; and meets deadlines.
Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture, a landscape architecture license, 10 or more years of landscape architecture experience, MS Office, and current AutoCAD experience are required. QSD/QSP certification is a plus. The candidate should possess a working knowledge of California native and drought tolerant plants, irrigation design, and public space design requirements. The candidate must be proficient in preparing proposals, comfortable in leading competitive marketing efforts and interviews with local agencies, and be familiar with the Sacramento area market. Experience in mitigation planning, ecological restoration, and/or park and recreation master planning are a plus. Knowledge of computer and hand rendering, AutoCAD Civil 3D, GIS, Adobe Creative Suite, 3D modeling tools, and natural sciences are also desirable.
Foothill Associates is a multidisciplinary firm located in suburban Sacramento near the Sierra Nevada Mountains. We are a small office made up of compassionate and fun professionals who form collaborative interrelated teams. Our landscape architects work together on a wide variety of planning and design projects including parks, trails, urban redevelopment, streetscapes, ecological restoration, habitat mitigation, and commercial development. We work for both public agencies and private sector clients; many who are repeat clients, our ultimate goal.
The position is full time. Salary will be based on experience. Current Benefits offered are Paid Leave (PL), 401K Retirement Plan, Medical, Dental, Vision, and Flex Spending Plan.
Candidates should submit the following
- Cover Letter,
- Digital portfolio demonstrating technical and illustrative drawing skills (PDF Format preferred)
- Writing samples demonstrating writing skills
Please send complete package to email@example.com or
590 Menlo Drive, Suite 5
Rocklin, CA 95765
There are no project opportunity listings at this time.