The California Sierra Chapter of ASLA is currently posting available job openings for free, as a benefit to its members. Please contact the Communications Committee to have your job opening published here.
Callander Associates is growing! Are you interested in growing with us? We are looking to fill two positions immediately for landscape architects with the right aptitude and attitude. We have one entry level (0-2 years) and one mid-level position (2-4 years) available in our Corporate office located in Gold River, California.
Callander Associates is a 21 person planning and design practice established, sustained and energized by individuals committed to the field of Landscape Architecture. Our offices provide superior work environments, each with their own identity yet grounded in the values and culture of a firm that has had over 44 years to define itself. With senior staff, great projects and great people to be found in all our offices, the resources available to our staff to do their best work are unbridled. We’re looking for people that will thrive, grow and contribute in this environment. Your dedication is important to us and will be rewarded with growth opportunities, great projects, and attractive benefits. Please visit our website at www.callanderassociates.com to see some of our outstanding projects, and learn about and our company culture.
Ideal candidates will have right combination of personal, professional, technical and communications skills coupled with a strong desire to advance in the profession.
Candidates must demonstrate a willingness to learn to advance their own career and to contribute to the advancement of the firm, as well as possess a solid understanding of design and construction document preparation.
This position collaborates with our talented core of seasoned and enthusiastic staff to create vibrant public parks, bikeways, urban streetscapes, waterfront, and other truly unique environments. From conceptual design drawings and construction documents to community workshops and client coordination, you will be exposed to the full breadth of landscape architecture while working in our educationally oriented studio environment. Our goal is to teach you how to successfully manage all aspects of a project, including design, project needs forecasting, budget management, client meetings and presentations. We will help you grow into this role, working alongside as you acquire the skills to grow within the firm and potentially become an effective project manager.
- Candidates must be proficient in AutoCAD 2009 or newer (CALA currently uses 2015)
- Degree in Landscape Architecture
- California Landscape Architecture Office experience preferred
- 0-1 of experience for entry level,
- 2-4 years experience for mid level, licensed or anticipating licensure within 2 years
- Have a positive attitude and strong desire to learn
We are looking to fill this position as soon as the right candidate is identified. Salary is dependent on experience with typical full time starting salaries ranging from $48k-$55k. As a full time team member you will be eligible for medical, dental, 401k, paid time off and other company benefits. (Callander offers an excellent benefit package, including fully paid premiums for medical and dental insurance).
Please submit the following via email to our HR Manager, Sonja Ditto, at email@example.com and use the appropriate subject line from the choices listed below when addressing the e-mail:
“Landscape Designer – entry level”
“Landscape Designer – mid level”
- 4-5 pages of work samples that best represent you and your experience (full portfolios and web links to portfolios will not be accepted)
- Cover Letter
Please, no phone calls at this time.
Are you looking for quality of life, and an excellent career opportunity? Fuhrman Leamy Land Group (“FLLG”) is a landscape architecture and land development services company founded on a bold, transformative vision of design and service. FLLG pushes its greatest talent to the client through a new model of operating the firm for better outcomes and client satisfaction. Our design firm is located in Roseville, one of Northern California’s fastest growing areas, at the foothills of the Sierra Nevada, in the Sacramento metropolitan area. We are a young, talented, and growing firm with a commitment to innovative excellence. We are focused on the personal and professional growth of our entire staff and are seeking energetic, and highly motivated, individuals to share our commitment and goals in building a leading edge firm in the Sacramento region.
Candidates should possess a degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited college.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, SketchUp and MS Office required.
- Strong design skills are required.
- Work well in a team environment with good communication skills.
- Knowledge of California plant material and water conservation.
- Experience in Construction Documentation is required.
Candidates should have project experience from concept design, through design development and construction documentation. The position has potential for professional growth.
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible. This is a full time salaried position. As a full time employee you will be eligible for medical, dental, disability insurance, 401k, paid time off and other company benefits. Salary is DOE.
To apply, please email your cover letter, resume and professional work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Files should be .pdf or .jpg format. Please do not send .zip files as these will not be reviewed.
MTWgroup is a long-established landscape architecture and planning firm in the Sacramento region, celebrating 52 years of professional services to the community. We have worked with scores of repeat clients on thousands of successful projects, including civil, educational, parks and recreation, streetscape, residential community, commercial, master planning, design guidelines, and other types of projects.
MTWgroup seeks a qualified Project Manager/ Landscape Architect with a passion for landscape architecture. The successful candidate will meet the following standards:
- Detail-oriented, energetic, creative, talented, versatile
- Holding an undergraduate and/or graduate degree in landscape architecture from an accredited Landscape Architect program
- Qualified to sit for the landscape architect’s exam or have a Landscape Architect’s license
- Proficient in Photoshop, Sketchup, 3D Rendering to produce high-quality illustrations
- Skilled in graphic presentation
- Able to work quickly and efficiently to produce contract documents, probable costs of construction, and specifications with a proficiency in the AutoCAD software release used by the firm in a Windows environment
- Experienced in managing team members through all phases of landscape architecture projects, from conceptual design/master planning through construction administration
- Able to manage multiple projects at once
- Able to effectively and professionally communicate with clients and co-workers with excellent written, graphic, and verbal skills
- Committed to meeting deadlines
- Willing and desirous to expand knowledge about landscape architecture and related disciplines, as well as to learn and grow as an integral part of a collaborative team
- Equipped with reliable transportation, automobile insurance, and a valid CA driver’s license to visit project sites and attend project-related meetings
- Project management, including coordination with co-workers, clients, design team members, owners, local and state agency representatives, etc; research and investigation; AutoCAD drafting; preparation of contract documents, cost estimates, and specifications, etc.
- Flexibility, cooperation and assistance with other duties as required
Description of Benefits for full-time employees
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, and Disability insurance
- 401k Retirement plan with annual employer contribution
- Paid Holidays and Annual Leave
- ASLA membership for actively participating employees
Interested parties should contact the following person:
Peter Larimer, ASLA, LEED® Green AP | Principal| email@example.com
No project opportunity listings at this time.